Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest topics

» Lounge (OOC area)
by BruxiXXVIII Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:06 pm

» The Soul of Organization+
by RixupIX Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:40 pm

» So if I place this.....here
by RoixukXXII Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:08 pm

» Picnic Time!!
by RoixukXXII Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

» Where are you?
by Muraxami XXXIX Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:26 am

» AH! HA HA! HA HA! HA HA!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue May 16, 2017 11:27 am

» Assassination: Retrieval
by AixusXXIX Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:42 am

» PROGRESSION: This world bores me!
by Kané Dendou Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:51 am

» Strange Signals
by GexkaXXV Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:46 pm

» Organization 13+ BBQ!
by BruxiXXVIII Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:29 pm

» Merely a Servant
by The Coat Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:38 pm

» Blitz Rush
by GexkaXXV Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:28 pm

» Tealixa XXXI
by Tealixa XXXI Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 am

» BATTLE RACE!!!
by GexkaXXV Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:28 pm

» The Stock Raider
by Kané Dendou Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:31 pm

» Battle Royale 2016
by ClerxhaXVI Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

» Update on Elements and Magicks!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:04 pm

» New Options for Nobodies!
by BruxiXXVIII Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:09 pm

» The Mura-tatorship...
by Muraxami XXXIX Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

» Anthem of the Angel
by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 am

» *random portal appears*
by Kexan XV Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:54 pm

» A numberless amount of portals
by Lexi LXX Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:24 pm

» Let's Play A Game!
by RixupIX Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:55 am

» How...Is it possible....What.....To.....Do......
by GexkaXXV Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 pm

» What would your boss music sound like?
by AxeliaLXIX Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm

» Alright, lets play god.
by Lexi LXX Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:54 pm

» EXPANSION!!!!!
by GexkaXXV Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:37 pm

» Suzu The Copycat.
by Gust Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:22 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this. 2.0
by Lexi LXX Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:53 pm

» The Soulsmith's Forge
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:35 pm

» Could someone tell me where to go?
by Fira Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:39 pm

» Did i hear bored? How about a lake party?
by Leore Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:15 pm

» That's it, we're doing something about this.
by AixusXXIX Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:33 pm

» We need some food.
by Lexi LXX Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:54 am

» Exene XCIII, The Holy Flames User
by Muraxami XXXIX Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:11 pm

» A Chance Encounter
by Acerva Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:55 am

» Getting to know my City.
by Muraxami XXXIX Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 pm

» Now might be a better time.
by Leore Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:26 pm

» Top Ten Superheroes of All Time
by GexkaXXV Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:10 pm

» I'M BACK, BIRCHES!!!
by Acero Hierro Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:47 pm

» Um, hello?
by ClerxhaXVI Thu May 28, 2015 11:04 am

» The Grand Entrance
by AxeliaLXIX Mon May 25, 2015 11:43 pm

» Why People Don't Respond to Kexan's Topics
by Kané Dendou Fri May 22, 2015 1:50 am

» Simply because i can... and im bored.
by XirschLXXIII Thu May 21, 2015 7:17 pm

» Training Information!
by BruxiXXVIII Wed May 20, 2015 11:18 pm

» Organization Bookstore
by ClerxhaXVI Mon May 18, 2015 5:05 pm

» Unheard Anomaly...
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 11:14 pm

» A Lovely Dinner Party
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 10:49 pm

» Finally...it has been done.
by GexkaXXV Sun May 17, 2015 9:55 pm

» Open from DeviantArt
by Kané Dendou Sat May 16, 2015 4:17 pm

» This is also what happens.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 12:02 pm

» I apologize for Kané's......dumbassness.
by XakariXLIII Sun May 10, 2015 10:28 am

» The Golem's Awakening
by Acerva Sun May 10, 2015 4:59 am

When A Somebody Has Unfinished Business

The Coat
    The Coat
    Level 3
    Level 3

Character sheet
    Title: Servant of Death
    Primary Role: Entertainer
    Sub-role: Necromancer

When A Somebody Has Unfinished Business  Empty When A Somebody Has Unfinished Business

Post by The Coat

In the area surrounding the Dark City Square the lights begin to flicker out one by one. A whistling wind picks up and it begins to drizzle slightly. Stray trash in the square begins to blow around and around in a circle. In the center of the circle, about four feet off the ground, a pinprick of putrid, neon, green light appears. The pinprick begins to slowly grow. As it becomes larger the sphere begins to crackle with yellow, electric-like energy. When it reaches a diameter of three feet the sphere stops growing. The yellow energy surrounding the sphere begins to surge frantically. As the energy reaches its peak, the sphere emits a blinding flash of light and spits out a long, black, Organization cloak. 
    The coat drifts a few feet away and settles to the ground. After a few seconds the coat ripples, as if a strong wind was passing through it. The coat slowly begins to drift up-right. When the coat is fully erect its hood also drifts up. If one didn't look closely it appeared as if the coat now contained a person. 
    The head of the coat swivels to the right, then the left. The hood looks down at the rest of the coat. The coat slowly raises a sleeve in front of its hood. The coat returns the sleeve to its side but almost immediately snaps around and points a sleeve at the floating sphere. The sphere has begun to shrink and is now about the size of a grapefruit. When the sleeve points at it, the sphere stops shrinking and floats gently over to the cloak. The sphere floats into the shadows of the cloak and vanishes.
    The hood of the cloak swivels around the square once more. Then the cloak begins to glide down a street. It picks up speed until it comes to a row of building. Not slowing at all, the cloak simply passes through the wall of the first building and vanishes from sight.
    Share this post on: reddit

GexkaXXV

Post Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:11 pm by GexkaXXV

I'm running down a row of bookshelves. I'm shivering and sweating at the same time. I'm clutching a heavy tome to my chest and I'm being perused. I don't know by what but I can feel a shadowy presence chasing me. At the edge of my hearing I hear voices. One sounds vaguely like a young girl, the other simply a whisper. I keep running till there's no where left to run but a brick wall. I try to turn intangible but can't. As I push at the wall a cold hand lays itself on my shoulder.
    I wake up yelling and sit up abruptly. I pant heavily as I look around the empty attic where I fell asleep. I stand and begin pacing around the attic. I've had the same dream once a week, ever since I arrived in the dark city. Finally calming down, I walk over to the attic's only feature; a large window overlooking the street. It's raining so hard that I can't even see the nearest lamppost. I turn around with a sigh and let out shout. Floating at the other side of the attic is a dark figure.

I reach into my coat to pull out my daggers but even as I do the figure charges at me. It makes no sound but is upon me in a second. It grasps my shoulders and presses its forehead against mine. If it had a forehead that is, or any part of a face. It's not the scariest thing I've seen, but its presence is so cold that I think my heart may stop. And then the black void in front of me seems to grow bigger and I feel as if I'm falling into it, or maybe its falling into me.
    A moment later I'm the only thing in the attic again. But I'm not alone. My insides are icy and I can feel another conscious pressing against my mind. I am now merely a spectator. But though I no longer control my body I can feel an enormous energy flowing through it.
    Very gently, my body begins to float upwards. It glides forward and through the wall. Outside we begin moving at an astonishing rate and although it's pouring buckets not a drop hits us. Very soon we reach our destination. We float to the ground in front of Clerxha's bookshop. I've passed it a few times but have never gone in. We drift forward and through the door. At the center of the shop we drop to the floor.
    I can feel the presence inside me gathering power for something. My arm rises up and my hand makes a strange gesture. For a moment nothing happens. Then the books in the store begin to whiz off their shelves and from behind the counter. They zoom around the store, miraculously hitting nothing as they weave in and out of each other. My hand makes another gesture and the books begin to fly past my face, titles facing me. They're going so fast that I can't make out a single word. Apparently however the thing inside me can, as is apparent when my other arm snaps out and grabs a particular book with superhuman speed. With a final gesture of my hand all the other books fly back to their places and in a moment the shop looks exactly as it did when we came in.
    I look down at the book I'm holding and this time I can read the cover. Or can at least try to; the book is in a language that I don't recognize. The letters, which look more like symbols, are sharp and jagged and the words seem to be written sideways. Fortunately, the presence seems almost obliging and it translates the text to me. Means of Magical Transportation.
    However, I watch with a growing sense of horror as my other hand also grasps the book and I begin tearing it in two. In my head I'm screaming NO! but the presence's obliging mood seems to have slipped away in an instant. In my mind I avert my eyes, but when I look back, to my happy surprise, there is not one book torn in two, but two whole copies of the same book.
    I toss one of the book across the room, but before it hits the wall, it stops, hovers for a moment, and then goes whizzing off in another direction; back to where it originally sat. I tuck the other book into my coat and we begin to hover again. We float back through the door and go flying in to the downpour.
    The Coat

Post Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:21 pm by The Coat

The coat finds the body it now inhabits unbearably hot. The boy's mind keeps grating on it's own. Gexka is constantly trying to breaking the coat's hold on him.The coat finds the nobody's mind foreign; parts of it seem so underdeveloped while others seem impossible large. It can feel Gexka's repulsion at being controlled but also his curiosity as to the coat's purpose. And he keeps bombarding the coat with questions, the most prominent of which are:what are you?; why are you doing this?
    The coat, believing it will be able to accomplish its task better in silence, digs into Gexka's mind, takes words from the boy's own vocabulary and then projects them back into the his thick skull using Gexka's own voice. "You may call me Coat."
    They fly a bit faster as the sentence effectively shuts Gexka up. As they draw closer to their destination the coat begins to feel a large amount of energy. It knows Gexka can feel it too through the link it has with the boy. As they land in front of a large building the coat hears the the two words that pop into Gexka's mind, The Cathedral.
    They float through the doors and to the front of the large room The coat gestures with one of Gexka's hands and a large space clears itself on the floor. The cloak gathers its energy as it prepares itself for the hardest part of its work; convincing Gexka to help it.

GexkaXXV

Post Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:39 pm by GexkaXXV

I mentally shake my head as I feel that the thing, Coat apparently, is preparing to communicate with me. The reason I had become so quite during the flight was because I literally couldn't make a thought; when Coat had projected my own voice into my mind, he had done it so loudly that I thought I would implode.
    Gathering my wits, I come out of my head in time to see an image of the dark figure from before flicker into existence in front of me. I know it is only an illusion because I can feel the real thing still taking up space in my cranium. This time I can see that the dark figure is actually an empty, floating, black coat (I was wondering about the name). The image shivers again and now there's a person standing inside the coat; me. It's actually kinda unsettling, like looking into a mirror and not seeing your reflection move.
    The image of me starts speaking, but not really. I can hear my voice but the image doesn't move its lips and my voice sounds like its coming from just over my shoulder. "Hello Gexka, I am Coat. I require your assistance." I can feel Coat give me back control of my face and the moment it does I burst out laughing.

"And why in the world would I help you? If you haven't noticed you kidnapped me and are now holding me against my will."  I can feel Coat measuring my words, carefully formulating a response. "For one, I control you. Do you not you want control back? For another I could easily kill you right now." I let out a dismissive  snort and shrug off the threats. "Threats won't work. I know you need me alive to do something and you need me to do it of my own freewill. I also know that you are willing to give me something in return." I can feel Coat pause, as if in shock. I know it is surprised at how clearly I can read it. I can feel it erecting barriers between our consciousnesses. Its hesitation only lasts a millisecond though and I soon have its reply. "There is no point in denying the accuracy of your statement. However, after seeing what I offer, I have no doubt that you will do all in your power to assist me."

I want to laugh again but I can't detect anything but truth in Coat's words. I can feel it begin to dig into my memory's but I can't do anything about it. It comes across something pretty resent and seems satisfied with its finding. It pulls into the front of my mind the dream I had not even an hour ago. But, now that I have a point of reference (Coat) in my head, I can clearly see that the dream comes from a part of my mind that I often peer at closely but without yielding any results. It comes from the broken, shattered part; the part where I only have half-access; the part of my brain that was once my somebody.
    Coat does not look at the dream as a whole but begins separating it into its the main components. It then draws forth one part in particular; the voice of the little girl. As it reels in the strip of memory, another memory follows. I feel slightly stunned; I have never seen this memory before. It is an image of the little girl. She is about six or seven with long, amber hair that hides most of her face. A dark brown eye can be seen and though she's dressed in rags, she's just the type of daughter that any parent would love to spoiling. I can feel a strange connection to her and through my confusion I can feel Coat also gazing at the image.
    I return my scenes to the outside world and see that Coat has plastered a look of triumph on the image of me. "As you just saw I can help you retrieve the memory's of your somebody. Not only that, but if you help me successfully, I can take you back to correct the mistakes your somebody left behind." I answer without any hesitation and with a bit of eagerness. "Tell me what I have to do."
    The Coat

Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 pm by The Coat

The coat begins gingerly relaxing its hold on Gexka. It can not sense any desire in Gexka to run or fight and tentatively relinquishes control back to him. The coat floats out of Gexka's body, causing him to shiver. Gexka still doesn't run and instead begins stretching his arms and legs. The coat glides to the opposite side of the space and faces Gexka. It waves a sleeve and the illusion it created of Gexka vanishes.
    The coat, even though it has completely removed itself from Gexka, still has a mental link with him. He can feel the boy's eagerness to begin. The coat makes another motion with its sleeve and a new set of images appear, floating in the air: the book, a miniature cloak, a miniature Gexka, and a miniature cathedral. Glowing arrows connect the different images.
    The coat conveys a words into the boy's mind and he begins to talk and walk around the diagram. "I see. So the cathedral acts as the source of power; the book creates a blank portal; you turn the portal into a time vortex; and I supply the link to the correct space and time. Sounds simple enough.
    The illusions disappear and the coat reaches into its depths and pulls out the book, Means of Magical Transportation. It opens the book to the exact middle, where someone has left a sticky note that reads, A more efficient and reliable version of the blank portal can be found in Miss Poppins Book of Popping In. P.S. This book is pretty old and I think the writer was a bit senile; I would try different book for anything else your looking for too. The note floats off the page and bursts into flame. Through the mental link, Gexka can hear an exclamation that sounds a lot like an angry, "FOOL!!!"
    The hood of the coat bends over the page it turned to. Above the passage, there is a drawing of a circle of runes. After a minute a copy of the circle appears on the floor in the middle of the empty space. The circle expands until it occupies a space of ten feet in diameter. Having finished growing, the runes turn a dark purple, begin gently glowing, and the whole circle begins rotating clock-wise.
    Gexka watches with large eyes and steps forward a bit unsure when the the coat points at him with a sleeve. Following the directions being relayed to him, he raises his arms in front of him, palms down. He concentrates on his hands and to his surprise, two glowing red circles appear, gently hovering over the back of each gloves.  The circles seems to be made of the runes similar to those of the ones on the floor. The red circles fly to the middle of the purple circle where they orbit each other for a moment before expanding to about the the same size as the circle below them. They settle to the floor: one inside the purple circle, the other outside. In synch, the red circles begin rotating counter clock-wise.
    The cloak reaches into itself once more and this time brings out the putrid neon green orb. The coat wraps a portion of itself around the sphere and when it draws back, the sphere is much larger and the coat is drained a huge amount of power. The coat sinks slightly to the floor and the sphere bobs merrily into the middle of the spinning circles.
    Rallying its reserves, the coat stretches up as high as it can, with its sleeves held over its hood. Black fog begin leaking from the walls of the cathedral and form a billowing storm cloud high in the rafters. Suddenly, I black bolt of lighting falls from the clouds and strikes the ball of green energy. The orb once again begin crackling with yellow electric-like energy and slowly melts into the circles beneath it. The circles turn the same color as the orb was and begin spinning even faster. They spin so fast that the runes seem to melt away and it appears as if a whirlpool of green water is furiously trying to suck everything into the ground.
    The coat remains in the same pose and a shiver seems to pass through it. Then, completely spent of energy, it collapses into itself and falls into the whirlpool it created. Gexka watches with a mixture of horror and fascination. He seems on the verge of running but sets his face and dives into the vortex after the coat. In less time then it takes to blink, both were swept away by the streams of time.

The cathedral begins to flood with a dark green water. The water reaches four feet up the wall and then eventually begins to recede. When the floor can be seen again, the only sign of something extraordinary occurring here, is the book lying on the ground in a puddle of water.
    GexkaXXV

Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:41 pm by GexkaXXV

I wake up slowly. I let out a huge yawn and stretch my limbs. I sit up and look around. I'm sitting in a clearing in the middle of an ancient but lush forest. The trees tower high into the air but are spaced far enough apart that sunlight still reaches the ground vegetation. The only sign of my arrival is the charred piece of ground I'm sitting on. Based on the position of the sun, I'd say it's about five in the afternoon on a summer day.
    Nearby, I see Coat draped over a low hanging branch. It lays unmoving and for the moment seems like an ordinary coat. I can very faintly sense its consciousness, but I have to strain to catch anything at all. I walk over to the coat and pull it off the branch. I examine it carefully. It looks clean and completely unused. Following a sudden instinct, I slip it on over my own coat. This appears to have been the right move; Coat seems to draw a little strength from me and I can feel its presence more clearly. It fuses with my coat but still does not respond to my attempts to communicate. I think that its sleeping. It looks like I'll have to rely on my own strength for now.
    Fortunately, this doesn't disturb me at all. As I gaze around the familiar landscape, the cracks and spaces in my somebody's memory begin to fill in. I know these woods -- and the surrounding ten miles of land-- better than anything else. I feel more comfortable here than I ever did in the Dark City. I turn north and break into a loping trot. After a half-an-hour of steadily running, I come to a beaten dirt road. The road is more overgrown than I remember but is still pretty wide considering its only a dirt path. I turn west and begin trotting down it.
    A few hours later I reach my destination. I'm hot and sweaty but not winded or tired. I'm standing in front of a large wooden gate reenforced with iron. The gate is part of a large wall of sharpened wooden stakes. The wall surrounds one half of a hill (the other half is a sheer cliff face). On the hill is the town of Oppidum. Oppidum is an out of the way frontier town on the branch of a branch of the branch off the 3rd main road running though the bottom of the country. Oppidum has a population of about 3000 people. Oppium's main street is cobblestone but most of the others are dirt. The building improve as one climbs the hill. At the bottom are houses made of mud with thatched roofs, then wattle and daub houses, then Tudor houses, and finally house made of brick.
    I frown slightly. The wall is much thicker and taller since I last saw it, but the really weird thing is that the gate is closed. Its usually kept open in summer and is never closed this early. I walk forward and bang on the gate. "Hello?" From the other side of the gate a rough voice replies. "What do you want?" "Um... can I come in?" The voice laughs loudly. "Yeah, sure you can, tomorrow morning!" More laughter, this time another voice joins in. "If you don't open the gates I'll just walk through them. Through their laughter, the voice manages to choke out, "Yeah right."
    I turn intangible and walk through the gate. On the other side two men are standing guard on either side of the gate. They not the soldiers who are supposed to be there. They are rather thuggish and quite large. They also have bear snouts and claws. They are no longer laughing. "What's the matter gents? Don't you want to share your joke with me?" Despite their ferocious appearance, both men turn white, and with looks of absolute terror on their faces, run as fast as they can up the hill. "Ghost!"

"I didn't think their joke was that bad." I begin walking up the hill after the man-bears, looking for someone to question. I want to ask about two people, though one of their names still alludes me. However, there seems to be no one on the streets and when I do see someone they look at me fearfully, run inside, and slam their doors. "Weird." I finally find an old man sweeping the ground in front of his... --I take a second look-- weapons shop. I walk up to him. He looks up, peers at me short sightedly, and says suspiciously in a wheezy voice, "Can I help you." "Yes, I believe you can. I'm looking for a young man named Lucas, Lucas Ivan. I don't suppose you've seen him or know where he is?" I sudden change comes over the old man. He leans heavily on his broom and shivers uncontrollably. He seems to have lost his ability to speak and simply points to the very top of the hill. I thank him and force two silver coins into his hand. I look back after walking a little farther up the hill to see the old man hurriedly shutting his door. "Very weird." I continue walking to the very top of the hill where the town hall is located.
    The Coat

Post Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:10 pm by The Coat

The coat gradually shifts into a state of awareness. It is still incredibly weak but can now communicate with Gexka and observe through his eyes. When the coat realizes where they are it begins to speak quickly into Gexka's mind. The voice still sounds like Gexka's but deeper and more tired. "Before we continue you need to have your memories completly restored if you are to act appropriately. I suggest you sit down. They take a seat on a nearby set of steps. The coat begins to destroy the barriers it erected between their minds. It dives into the part of Gexka's brain that looks like shattered glass and begins to fill in the gaps, add to the spaces, and seal the cracks. The coat works from the earliest memory's and can fell Gexka inwardly smiling as  he relives some of his happier moments.
    Eventually even Kage's (Gexka's somebody) trial is filled in and Gexka makes as if to stand up. "Wait, there is more. Brace yourself, for even the worst memory you now have is nothing in comparison to these next thousands of years of torture." The coat begins tearing down walls in Gexka's mind: opening portions that the boy has never even glimpsed. Gexka is hit with thousands of years of isolation in a single second; the feeling of slowly going mad; and worst of all, what he saw after everyone believed he was gone.
    The coat feels Gexka's mind stagger slightly, as the huge weight of it all presses upon him. Gexka shrugs his new burden into a more comfortable position and says unconvincingly, "I... I don't believe you: you tampered with my head." The coat shreds the last thin protection between his and Gexka's conscious , leaving everything it has so far done open to inspection. Gexka takes a moment to reply  as the shear force of the mind before him batters at his own mind.  He can find no trickery in the coat's words or actions. "Okay, I believe you. But, promise me one thing. When we're finished with this whole thing, you tell me what you are, who you are, and why you are doing this." The coat gives its assent and they stand up and finish their walk to the top of the hill.

At the top of the hill sits the town hall. It is a completely different building from the one in Gexka's memory's. That town hall was was a sprawling, squat T shaped building made out of logs. This building still retains the T shape but nothing else. The whole thing is ten feet taller with the crossbar of the T having become especially large and bulky. The log walls have been replaced with unpainted planks of timber and reenforced with thick iron  bands.
    The doors (in the bottom of the T) are standing wide open but only shadows can be seen within. Gexka steps into the door way and peers into the gloom. A silky voice speaks from the the far end of the hall. "Ah, Kage, I see what my men have told me is true: you have returned. Come in, Come in! Come and greet your brother!"
    GexkaXXV

Post Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:44 pm by GexkaXXV

It's weird having another set of full memories. I never realized how much I was missing. I didn't know that the majority of my somebody's memories were of his time imprisoned in an empty dimension, raging at the person who betrayed him. An hour ago (when I was still clueless), I was looking for this person because of the happy memories my somebody had of him. Now, I've found him, but it won't be happy reunion.

I do not bother correcting the man. At this point it doesn't matter if I am Kage or not: I share his memories, his feelings. I step into the hall and begin walking to the far end, where the voice originated from. As I pass, torches mounted on thick stone columns flare to life. Beyond them the gloom remains, but in it, I can see eyes, more beast like than human, glaring out. The floor is also stone but the rest of the hall is bare wood.
    I speak in a cold voice,
    "The brother I once had was merely an illusion that I believed to be real. Drop the act Lucas. You don't fool me. I know you for snake you truly are." I come to a stop. In front of me is a raised platform. On the platform is a sort of throne. It's a massive stone chair with large gems imbedded into it. The gems look as if someone smashed them into place with a mallet. Behind the throne is doorway, hung with cloth , leading to the rest of the building.#00cc00]Lounging on the throne, is a tall, slender young man, who reaches out, as if to embrace me. His face, which is all sharp angles with black, piercing eyes, has a joyous expression on it. His hair, long, straight, and an almost bluish black, is draped over half his face. He is wearing a very expensive blue suit.
    The warm welcome he was prepared to give me slowly melts into a demeanor of disdain. "You were always so perceptive Kage, except for that one thing. I'm so glad that I don't have maintain that revolting facade in front of you anymore." He eyes me coldly. "Now then, let's get to business: if you're alive and know the truth about me, why did you come back? Unless you're a complete moron you know this will end badly for you. So what is it that you want that you would die for?"
    I keep my gaze locked with his and smile thinly. I say thoughtfully, "Yes. . . yes, I suppose I would die in order to achieve my goal. But, unfortunately for you, I won't have to. Now, while I do know most of the truth, I am still ignorant of what occurred before I supposedly 'died' as well as your motives and reasoning. That is the first thing I want."
    I see a calculating look come into Lucas's eye. He give a small nod. "I suppose I could grant a dead man his final-" I cut him off, continuing as if he hadn't spoken. "The second thing I want, is you dead." This time he smiles thinly but I see his eyes flick to the eyes in the shadows. "The final thing I want is-"
    At that moment the cloth covering the doorway is ripped aside and a young girl storms out. She's only 12 or 13. Her hair is fiery red, Her eyes a smoldering amber, and her skin milky white. She is dressed completely in black. Though careful to conceal it, upon seeing her, the affection that failed to appear for Lucas, springs up. She is the voice I hear in my dream, she is my beloved little sister. I finish my sentence, "Fira".
    Her face is twisted in an expression of pure rage and her fist are clenched. She exerts an almost overwhelming pressure on the room.  "Where is he! I heard his voice! where is that treacherous scum!" Her burning gaze sweeps the room and finally finds me. "You!" Snarling, she launches herself off the platform, looking ready to tear my face off.
    Lucas stands up and says sharply, "That's enough Fira!" She jerks to a halt in midair, as if caught by invisible chains. "I will deal with him, but first we will listen to what he has to say. He is our guest." Fira slowly floats to the side of the throne and lands on her feet. She doesn't try to attack me again but shoots pure hatred at me from her eyes. I can't say I didn't expect this. Not with the lies Lucas must have fed her. But it still hurts. "Well Kage? What do you have to say for yourself."
    It takes me a few seconds to find my voice but I keep my gaze steadily on Fira. "I don't know what you've been told. And I doubt I'll be able to change your opinion of me with only a few words. So I'm just going to tell you what happened, the way I remember it. You may know parts, but you were only ten at the time and only saw a fraction of what happens." Lucas sits down and folds his hands together. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to shut me up yet. I feel a twinge of anxiety.

"It all started when Lucas comes up to me one day and gives me some interesting news: a rare, magical tome that was normally kept in the royal vault, was to be displayed at the national library next month (at this point in time I didn't realize how rare this tome was, though maybe Lucas did). Of course our first thought was to steal it. How couldn't we? While most burglars would have been dismayed at the huge amount of security around the library, we were exuberant. The library would be child's play for me to break into because I did so on a regular basis.

Now the national library is a week's journey from here, but in my desire for new reading material, I traveled there monthly, Simply to spend a night alone among the towering stacks of volumes. I knew every inch of the building, every entry point, every vulnerable spot. If there was anywhere I could get into, it was there.
    The plan was simple, we traveled to the capital, waited till nightfall on the last night of the display, and I broke into the library without a hitch. From there however, I deviated slightly from the plan.
    First of all, as well as the book, I also stole a small trinket from the neighboring, display case. Secondly, since I was way ahead of schedule and would never have the opportunity to read it again, I decided to take a quick glance at the book's contents.
    The book was nothing extraordinary to look at. It was about 12" x 9". It had a plain, brown, leather binding, with a locking clasp. The clasp was made of dull silver and appeared a bit too large for the book. The title was stamped in bold, blue runes, which I knew can be read in any language. The words read, The Incomplete Tome of Written Magic.
    I took a seat against a bookshelf and pulled out my lock picking tools. However, as I was about to begin, the whole thing began to glow with a soft silver light. The change started from the keyhole and expanded out ward; the book transformed. The clasp turned gold and then vanished, leaving the book free to open. The binding, turned from brown to black. The runes changed to English letters and the letters themselves turned to shimmering gold. Hundreds of multicolored bookmarks sprouted from between the pages. The new book was slightly larger and a whole lot heavier. It now read, The Complete Tome of Written Magic.
    By then I was feeling nervous but even more curious. I thought the book liked me, because when I opened it, on the title page, was my name shining in beautiful, golden cursive. There were other names on the page, previous owners I guess, but mine was the only one lit up.

Anyway, after the title page nothing made sense. Or course, I knew it was spell book and all the words were in English, but there was no order or explanation to the chaos inside it. From what I could decipher, it looked like a bunch of thrown together spells, charms, enchantments, potion recipes, and magic gobbledygook. And, no matter how many pages I flipped, I couldn't seem to reach the end. Eventually I gave up and closed the book (which returned to its previous state). I tucked it away, sneaked out of the library, and went to meet Lucas at the rendezvous point.

I met Lucas and some of his friends at a shady pub a good ways from the library. The idea was that we all head out of the city in different directions; disguising who actually had the book and confusing any pursuers. I gave the book to Lucas and we all mounted our horses that had been rented for just the occasion.
    The city was well behind me when I was caught. Of course, the only reason they were able to capture me was that I was expecting pursuit from behind, not an ambush from the front!
    At that time, I actually had a pretty significant bounty on my head, but I don't think it was till later that the soldiers who caught me realized their good fortune: they had captured a wanted theif as he was fleeing from the scene of the largest crime in. . . who knows how long? I'm sure my price went skyrocketing."

The soldiers were actually a pretty cool bunch of guys. Of course they had to shackle me and keep a guard on me at all times, but they fed me well and talked to me freely. I wasn't mad at them for doing their job and they didn't treat me like dirt for being a criminal; we all had to make money somehow. Anyway, It was from the soldiers that I first learned what really happened.
    It was on the walk
    (there weren't enough horses for all of us to ride) back to the capital for my execution, that I learned that Lucas (or a man who looked exactly like him and was using his name) had sold me out. Apparently he had went to these local soldiers and told them where and when they could catch me. His price; a third of the reward sitting on my head. And with my sudden rise in value, a third was quite a lot.
    At the time I couldn't bring myself to believe them. I figured they were mistaken (the could have been lying, but they seemed too nice [OOC: think of these guys like Canadians {I am Canadian}]). I knew Lucas had a cruel streak but I never imagined he would do something like this to me.

So we got to the capital. They took all my stuff and threw me in a cell. I was questioned and although I gave nothing away and there was nothing incriminating in my belongings, it was still decided that I would be hanged.
    Eventually my execution date date arrived. The hanging was to take place out at the very limits of the city, where the forest begins to close in. Though it was raining, quite a few people showed up for the spectacle. I was still hoping to be rescued. I still did not believe that I was alone. I even spotted you and Lucas in the crowd. You were surrounded by Lucas's friends and were all wearing hooded, black coats.
    But I mounted the platform, the noose was placed around my neck, and nothing happened. You were all just standing there, watching. I was growing very frightened. You were crying into Lucas's shoulder, Fira, and he was staring at me with an expression devoid of any emotion. He had a black eye and was hunched over, looking pretty roughed up all together. It was when the lever to the trap door beneath me was being pulled that I finally gave up hope.

Suddenly, there was a dazzling flash of green light that appeared to originate from my very being. I felt a kind of gaping void appear inside m chest.  The void started sucking at me, dragging me into it. It kept pulling and pulling, and while I couldn't see any visible change, I felt as though
    I was pulled inside out. It finally stopped. All around me people are screaming with expressions of horror on their faces. The soldiers are running around with their weapons barred, seeming to look for somebody. You and Lucas look shocked, but he quickly gathers up his gang and you all flee.
    It probably took me longer then it should have to realize that I was the cause of the panic. I had vanished in a flash of green light and apparently no one could see, hear, touch, smell, or taste me. I was elated. I was free. I took off running in the direction Lucas's group had went.
    My happiness was short lived though. I though that the state I was in would eventually wear off. It didn't. I no longer needed to eat, drink, or sleep, but I also couldn't interact with anything. I was trapped in a prison without walls. But in prison, its sometimes the walls that keep you sane.

While I was in this state though, I was able to see things. Lucas tried to sell the book, but no one would take it. All his connections said that the book had cursed me and were afraid to even touch it. Lucas stopped making money.
    Eventually however, you, him, and the group who was with you at my execution, began displaying supernatural abilities. Lucas saw an opportunity and after recruiting all those who had gained power, took over our town. He killed all the soldiers and the ruling lord. He fought off all who were sent to
    kill him. After some time, he was so feared that they stopped sending men to kill him. He offered people in the surrounding towns insurance; they pay him and he doesn't destroy their homes. He had done it before
    After a while, I left. I couldn't stand watching what he was doing to our former home and especially what he made you do. I wandered for a long time. As you can see, I eventually escaped my prison and now here I am before you. I've had a long time to think over Lucas's actions, and while I don't know his motives or thought process, I can't think of any justifiable reason for his betrayal. So I am here to exact my own justice and my own revenge."

Neither of them say anything. Lucas still looks indifferent and Fira is gazing icily at a spot over my head. Finally, Lucas leans forward and clasps his hands in front of his face. "That's a real interesting story you've got there Kage, but you seem to have gotten some of your facts mixed up. Fira, why don't you remind our brother what really happened." Without moving Fira begins to speak in a voice quivering with barely suppressed rage."I'm outraged that you think that feeble excuse for lie would fool me. As if Lucas wouldn't tell me the true story immediately. She glares at me with a look so full of contempt that it could make the mightiest mountain crumble. She pauses and then begins speaking again with a lower voice.

You've kept parts of the true story but you've altered the most vital pieces. Everything up to you sneaking into the library is true. I don't know what actually happened in the library, but I think you made that part up too, seeing as we've never been able to open the book and we've been trying for three years. After the library though. . . you never went to the pub. You found a horse and you fled. You wanted the book all to yourself! When you didn't show up, Lucas went to see what was happening at the library. Everything was chaos and Lucas quickly managed to find out that someone had stolen something immensely. He realized what you had done. He followed you. He caught up to you. He only wanted to talk, but you tried to kill him! He was unwilling to fight you but wrestled the book from you and wouldn't let go. You beat him to a pulp.
    I suppose in a way he was lucky. He probably would have been convicted too for being in the company of a highly wanted criminal when the soldiers finally arrived. Lucas had bought enough time for them to catch up and they didn't even notice him huddled at the side of the road, unrecognizable as human.
    After a few days Lucas made his way back us. He had managed to acquire medical help and an old donkey. We went to your execution and saw you vanish like you said. Lucas did try to sell the book and like you said no one would buy it. But Lucas is not the tyrant you make him out to be. You robbed us of our only income. Lucas wasn't able to work properly for a month and all his friends abandoned him. So yeah, when the abilities began to emerge, we used them! We didn't have a choice, we were starving! But people were scared of us, we had to fight back! Lucas was kind enough to except his former friends back when their powers emerged too, and together we created a place where we could live peacefully."
    Fira is looking at me with tears in her eyes. "Do don't even care what you did to us, to me, do you? I didn't believe Lucas when he came back; I didn't believe you could do that to a little girl! I begged him to try and save you. I thought you could explain it all away. But he was right in refusing me. Cause here you are now with your lies, coming back-." "That's enough Fira." Lucas speaks softly but Fira angrily shuts her mouth. "You may go now Fira." Fira stares at him incredulously. "But Lucas we have to make him pay!" Lucas does not raise his voice but there is a note of menace in it. "And so he shall. But I will not have his treacherous blood stain your innocent hands. Go." Fira gives a snort of disbelief and storms back through the doorway.
    Lucas watches her go, waits a few moments, then turns back to me. He seems to expect me to say something. "Well? What do you have to say?" He looks at me, unblinking, and then slowly begins to speak in a bored tone. "Of course your version is correct. At least as far as I can tell, but you don't have any reason to lie.

I suppose I should start at the beginning.
    When I first met you and Fira, I had just recently been thrown to the street. I was too old and didn't have enough money to start a new apprenticeship. I was desperate and excepted your help in a heartbeat. At first it was only you who fed us. Eventually however, it worked out so that I was the one who formed the plans and you did the actual stealing (Fira was the bait if we ever needed it).
    The years passes and I grew unhappy. I was not content with my current position in life. I cam to realized any gratitude I thought I once had for you, was actually relief that I hadn't ended up begging on the street. I knew I deserved better. I could be so much more. But you were holding me back. I grew to resent you; to hate you.
    I didn't act on my feelings for a long time, and this was to my benefit. After all, whatwas more fitting than to finance my new ambition with your blood. I calculated it all out; with the money made from selling the book and the large increase in your bounty, I would be able to get along fine for a long while."

I cut in as a question hits me. "Then why didn't you try to get rid of Fira too? Surely she was keeping you back just as much as I was, and though her price wasn't anywhere near mine, I'm sure you would have appreciated a few extra coins.
    A sickening smile slowly crawls up Lucas's face. "So observant. Can't get anything pass you can I? I suppose Fira was the second reason I wanted you out of the way, Kage.
    I wanted her for myself you see, and you were in my way."
    I'm momentarily speechless. Lucas's smile leers even larger when he sees my expression. "That's right Kage. Our lovely sister Fira, all mine. And with the sheer destructive powr she gained, she's now more desirable than ever." Lucas let's out a nasty cackle and it takes everything in me not to kill him now. But I'm desperate for this information and after I have it Lucas won't have the opportunity to see, let alone touch, Fira again.
    "Oh wipe that look of disgust of
    f your face. Sister dearest is still as innocent as she ever was. I will wait till she comes of age so that there's no dispute over our marriage. That should give you some solace in your grave.
    Now than where were we? Ah yes, I betrayed you. You'll be happy to hear that things didn't go exactly my way afterword. The reason I was so beat up at your execution was because the men who were with me betrayed me. They tried to take the book by force. I had to fight them off. They're dead now.
    And when I went to claim my reward things didn't go so well either. Turns out the solders weren't all too happy with me. You see, they had failed to recieve the bounty and got in deep trouble with their superiors because you were never properly killed. They in turn, took their anger out on me. It was harder to think up an excuse for Fira that time.  
    Speaking of it, let's take another look at your hanging. I was carrying the book at the time and after what you've told me, I believe it's thanks to it that you're still alive. The book also emitted a flash green light and let out a burst of energy at the same time you did. Fira and I received the brunt of, but everyone standing around us got a dose too. Hence, you escaped and we were gifted with headaches. Not that I'm complaining. I'm sure it's thanks to that green light that we received our abilities.

And after we received our abilities, it happened exactly as you said. Fira and I manifested the strongest abilities and the others came flocking to us. Really it was child's play. Now I've told you everything you didn't know, so answer my question. I'm sure wouldn't want to take this information to the grave, would you? How did you manage to open the book? The story you told, only gives information about what you knew back then. But I'm certain with all the time you've had, you've figured it out.
    He regards me with lust and greed in his eyes. I can only dread what he would do with such power. But it doesn't matter if I tell him, its like he said, "I suppose I could grant a dead man his final request. Remember that extra trinket I took? Yeah, that was the key to the book. I acquired ownership of the key when I stole it. And since it has always remained on my person, I never relinquished my right to it or to the book. So I'll be taking that back now."
    I hold one of my hands out in front of me, palm facing out. I concentrate on the space in front of my hand. I feel the energy imbued in my gloves, boots, and ring begin to slowly drain from the item
    s, leaving them as completely normal objects, devoid of any power. The energy flows through my body and down my arms. A golden light emerges from my fingertips and condenses in the space in front of me. The light dims and floating an inch from my hand is a golden key. It looks only half forged, lumpy and bulbous, but it shines with its own internal light.

After a few moments of simply staring, I close my finger around the key. I draw it towards me and then stretch out my other hand. The cushion Lucas is leaning on suddenly rips open and the book flies out. It flies into my outstretched hand. It looks like it did when I first saw it, but when in comes in contact with my hand, it undergoes the same startling change it did the last time I held it.

Lucas stands up abruptly and is about to chase after the book but stops himself. He turns around and waves a hand over his shoulder. You can kill him now. But do not harm the book! Mount his head on pike as an example to others and bring the book and key directly to me. He makes as if to leave but freezes again. He twitches in place and I can tell he has not stopped of his own will. A voice like thunder booms through the hall. I recognize it as the one Coat used;like my own but still different. "I'm not finished with you yet Lucas! You still have recompense to pay!" A transparent hand lunges out of my chest followed by the rest of the body of a man. I can't see its face but I can feel the presence of Coat leave from my mind. The ghostly body flies through the air and slams Lucas in the neck. Lucas collapses but the body doesn't seem affected by gravity. It picks up Lucas by the throat and they both vanish through the wall.

For a minute the hall is silent. I stare at the spot where the two figures vanishes until a small noise compels me to turn around. The eyes have emerged from the shadows. They belong to a small crowd of humans and animals. Or least that's what my first impression is. I quickly realize that the humans and animals are one and the same. Every human has at least one feature that is  characteristic of an animal; fangs, claws, fur, spines, pincers, snouts, tails, stingers, tusks, trunks, paws, or hooves. Every animal has at least three features that belong to a human; a face, hands, feet, hair, or even bare skin. They stare at me till one with six arms says, "Well, we have our orders. Let's kill him." They rush forward as a single unit. I quickly tuck the book and key into my coat and pull out my daggers. "Unfortunately for you, I am not yet ready to meet death again."
    The Coat

Post Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:53 pm by The Coat

The coat passes through the next wall in order to avoid any direct pursuit. However, it smashes through the next two walls using Lucas's body.
    The room it stops in is medium sized. It is built over the cliff face at the rear of the building; there is nothing below it but a long drop onto spires of unforgiving stone. The room seems much sturdier than the rest of the building; it's plank are thick, strong hickory reenforced with iron bands and the entrance into the room is sealed with a pure iron door.
    The reason for the extra security can be seen by the light cast by a small chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The room contains huge piles of shining coins and heaps of glittering jewels. An odd assortment of bejeweled swords, golden goblets, crowns, and other items of great worth can also be seen emerging from the trove.
    However, the bounty of riches is marred by the white bones scatted throughout the room. And if one can peer past the horde of treasure, iron shackles can be seen bolted to the wall. This room is Lucas's vault and as well as prison.

The coat slams Lucas into the floor by the neck with enough force for Lucas's head to punch a hole into the void beneath. The coat releases its grip and slowly straightens up. Its head, cloaked in the shadows of its hood, swivels around, taking in the room. It looks back at Lucas, who seems dazed. speaks in a voice dripping with disgust. "The most vile snake has more compassion than you. You prolong your enemies suffering and let their bones fall amongst your treasure. But your death and this room will  show others what you seem to have forgotten; judgement finds all and no amount of riches will halt its wrath. Lucas glares up at the coat with madness and unadulterated hatred in his eyes. He thrusts his hand up into the air and releases the power the book granted him. "Die!"
    The moutains of riches begin to rise into the air, swirling around the room. A glittering tornado forms, with Lucas at its center. The coins and gems tear through the spot where the the coat is standing and anything else would have been obliterated. But though the coat doesn't move an inch, the coins do not or cannot hit it. It gazes down at the man on the ground and fear finally appears in Lucas's eyes as his power fails him. "I already have. Now it is your turn. Reap the reward you have sown for yourself. This gold shall judge your body, these bones your soul. And when you finally meet your creator, He shall judge your heart. Lucas is now visibly trembling though he doesn't lower his outstretched arm. "W-what are you?" The coat raises a hand and makes a sweeping gesture. Almost everything in the tornado suddenly freezes and drops to the floor. The exception are all the gold coins and bones, which actually seem to increase in speed.  I am every evil
    you have ever committed against another living being,  personified, and here to collect my due recompense.
    "Tonight I am your accuser and prosecutor, and Death has kindly lent me his executioner's robes for the occasion. Let us begin.
    The coat stretches out an arm at Lucas and slowly closes its fingers into a fist. The swirling bones continue on their same frenzied course, but the golden coins slow down and begin to close in on Lucas. Lucas's uncontrollable shivering abruptly ceases when the first coin makes contact with his skin. As the rest of the coins alight gently on Lucas's skin, his eyes jerk wildly around around in their sockets while the rest of him remains immobile.
    The coins begin to hum softly and after a few seconds a red iridescence starts to creep into them. The hum reaches a crescendo then abruptly stops. The coins now shine with a golden-red light. "It appears Mr. Ivan, that your gold has found you lacking. You have paid for this wealth in other men's blood; a payment that is not recognized as valid. Your flesh shall be used to repay this debt."
    The red-gold coins slowly start to melt into Lucas's flesh. Still unable to move his body, Lucas
    twists his mouth into a howl of agony, though no sound emerges. The molten gold slowly expands and consumes Lucas; atom by atom turns to gold.  What remains is a solid gold statue, so lifelike that it still seems to be trying to scream.
    The coat remains still for a few moments, seemingly taking in its handy work. It suddenly shoots out an arm and grasps something in the air. After a few seconds, a translucent, wispy ball of purple flames becomes visible in the coat's grip. "Off so soon? We are not done here. The remains of your victims also wish to have a word with you. I did say your soul was also to be judged." The coat tosses the blame of flame up into the center of the cyclone of whirling bones. The coat clenches its still outstretched hand into a tight fist.
    The bones close in on the ball of flames. They lock in place around it, slowly building a white cage. Soon, all the bones are part of the large cage, with the soul of Lucas at its center. The cage then begins to shrink. "The souls you released, Lucas, seem to believe that you are not worthy of joining them. I concur, and allow them to condemn you. Your punishment is to wander this earth for an eternity in absolute agony until you are once again whole." The cage continues to shrink at a steady pace. The trapped soul is squeezed tighter and tighter with no hope of escape. Finally, with a noise like shattering glass, the soul bursts into a thousand fragments of light that scatters in all directions. (To the far ends of the earth.)

The coat drops its gaze to the floor with out lifting its head it raises a hand and murmurs softly, "Return to your true owners and find peace." Everything in the room vanishes except for the golden statue. The coat points at it and says in an even quieter voice, "You, begone." The floor beneath the statue disintegrates and the statue plummets into the darkness below.
    The coat falls to its knees and seems to crumple into itself; losing it's aura of power. After a while it can feel the presence of someone behind it. Though it doesn't turn to look
    it knows what it will find if it does; an abnormally tall, slender man with long, dark, spiky hair dressed in a completely black suit. The man speaks. "I have had more interaction with humans than any of my brothers, yet I still do not understand them. Tell me, was it worth it? To shave off 40, 50, 60 years of this man's life in exchange for your own eternity? You do remember the deal, don't you?"
    The coat seems to regain some of its former mass as it speaks, "Yes, I remember the deal, Death. And in response to your question, you only inserted two people and one result into your equation. What about the people this man would hurt and kill if he was allowed another 40 years? Do you think he would be satisfied with this small town? He wouldn't; I've seen what happens."
    "You are more foolish than I thought. Every person you talk about has their own eternity waiting for them. You give up your own eternal peace and perhaps happiness for mortal lifespans?
    "Yes"
    "If this is your only reason for killing Lucas Ivan than why did you give him such a torturous death and long punishment."
    The coat lets out a humorless laugh. "I'm no saint; the pain was for my satisfaction. The punishment however . . .. Do you know why the boy out there fighting is so angry? I mean sure, he just found out he was betrayed, but the real reason he's so angry is because he genuinely looked at the man who betrayed as a brother. He's angry because he just can't accept the fact that Lucas is pure evil.
    If Lucas's heart was to be judged right now, where would he be? Hell, no doubt about it. I've given him a last chance to redeem himself.
    Until his soul completely regenerates he can think on his actions. If he truly deserves eternal damnation he will receive it and I will have no regrets."
    Death shakes his head. "You are far beyond my comprehension. Let us get down to the reason I'm here." He lays a hand on the coat's shoulder and after a moment draws it away. A shadow seems to follow after the hand and, if such a thing is possible, the coat seems a lighter shade of black. "I hereby revoke my blessing; any further deaths are on your hands."
    Death walks in front of the coat and looks down at it. "While I'd like to have that book destroyed I suppose the best place for it at the moment is in the hands of an immortal. Please remove it from the boy's possession at the soonest opportunity; there are things in it not meant for human eyes." He begins to fade into transparency. "Oh and by the way, we will meet again, Kage." Death completely disappears and its like he was never there.

The coat slowly floats up from the floor. It has lost whatever human features it had and is once again an empty coat. It floats back through the wall to find out what happened to its young companion.
    GexkaXXV

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:09 am by GexkaXXV

I yank my dagger out of the six armed ones back. Turns out he also had two eyes on the black of his head. They stare blankly as the body collapses to the floor. I spin in a circle, looking for any signs of movement. Nothing stirs amid the bodies strewn across the floor. 'That actually took longer than I expected.' I bend down and wipe my daggers on the the shirt of the nearest body. I then reach my hands above my head, stand on my toes, and take a nice long stretch.
    "Y-y-you you killed them." I whip around. Standing on the raised platform is Fira. She has a look of horror on her face. "You killed all of them. Y-you you murderer!" The horror turns to rage. "You'll pay for this! I'll kill you." I don't see where she pulls it from but Fira is suddenly holding a enormous broadsword (Buster Sword) that is at least five feet long. Fira launches herself off the stage at me, bringing the huge broadsword down in a powerful, overhead slash.
    I spring to the right, narrowly avoiding the attack. The floorboards where I was just standing are smashed to splinters. Fira doesn't let up her assault there. Yanking the sword from the ground, she charges at me with the sword held at her side.

This is bad. I never wanted to fight my sister. The best option would be to run, but just by looking at her, I can see I won't get far, let alone back to the dark city. So that means I have to fight her. But
    I won't, no, I can't kill her. Which means I have to knock her out. One solid blow to her head should do it.

One blow at all is easier said than done. We weave around each other, her fiercely attacking and me trying to get in a shot to her head. You'd think it'd be easy with intangibility. But, while I can easily avoid her attacks, she seems to have an even easier time reading my movements. At the moments where I'd like to become tangible and strike, her blade always seems to be in a position where it can cut me down if I do. This girl has truly mastered her blade. We dance back and forth, each seeking an advantage.
    The blazing anger on her face has been replaced with cold determination "You've gotten a lot faster since we used to practice together, but you still fight with the same style." She lunges at me with her sword and I jump back just out of reach. I frown. "I don't remember you ever having this much skill." She draws back to attack from a different angle and finally slips up. She trips on one of the bodies on the floor and begins to fall back. Trying to quickly take advantage of the opening, I charge in at her exposed midriff. However, Fira now introduces a new element to our battle; the broadsword, which is stretched over her head, melts and flows in towards her body where it hardens, takeing the form of a large shield.
    Advantage turns into disadvantage as my dagger glances off and Fira uses the heavy shield to shatter the blade. With me only having one dagger and Fira now freely shifting her weapon between sword and shield, the fight becomes decidedly one sided. I zig and zag, I phase through Fira ad her weapon, I even throw knives. But the shield is always ready to recieve my attacks and the sword to counter my blows. Man I really wish my gloves still had their power right about now.
    Eventually I'm forced into a corner where it's finally my turn to make a mistake; I too trip over a body. My concentration, my battle mentality, is broken.
    Everything seems to speed up, the only thing that's really jumping out at me now is a strange spark resting on the tip of my dagger. Fira brings down a diagonal slash from her left shoulder.  My only thought is how much I miss my gloves. I can't make a decision fast enough and my body reacts on its own. My arm and dagger shoot out to intercept the huge broadsword; not to block with the side of the blade but with its point first. And that's what ends it.
    Not for me though. At the moment
    the spark comes in contact with the edge of Fira's sword an enormous explosion rips out from the dagger. The dagger shatters and Fira is thrown across the room where she slams into a wall and slumps to the floor unconscious. Her weapon is nowhere to be seen.
    I collapse to my knees and just sit there panting. I finally look up and see Coat, without anything inside it, floating on the raised platform. I point at Fira and ask in a cracked voice, "Did you do that?"  Coat shakes its hood no. I look down at my hands and (maybe I'm imaging this) see a few sparks dissolve into them. "Awesome." I clench my hands into fists and look back at Fira. "Well, I guess we should be going."
    The Coat

Post Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:23 pm by The Coat

The coat watches as Gexka walks over to the girl, Fira and begins checking her body for injuries. The boy speaks to the coat, "I trust you killed Lucas?" He looks at the coat. The coat nods its hood. "Good. Oh and we're taking Fira with us to the Dark City. And its more than just my selfishness. If we leave her here the townspeople will kill her when they find. And we kinda just destroyed her life. At least in the Dark City she can start over and won't be constantly hunted." He continues to stare at the coat. "Come on, I know you can speak."
    The coat shrugs and looks looks around, finally settling its gaze on a nearly undamaged body. The corpse suddenly begins to speak int the same voice the coat previously used. "It's not that simple. To speak out loud I need a mouth, or at least an illusionary representation of a mouth." Gexka looks at the talking corpse with a mixture of fascination and disgust. "Well could you do the illusion thing? That' thing your doing right now is super creepy." The coat shakes it hood and the corpse continues to talk. "I need to rest; I used a lot of energy. However, if you find this form of communication distasteful I can always take residence in you mind and communicate directly." Seeing the look of hesitation and distaste on Gexka's face, the coat hastily adds, "It will not be like last time when I forced entry into your mind. I will section off a small section for myself and you will remain in full control. And I am truly sorry that I did forcefully take you over. At the time I was not fully aware of what I was doing." Gexka still looks doubtful but timidly agrees. "Alright... but I have some questions." The coat glides over to Gexka and settles on his shoulders.  It speaks directly into Gexka's mind."I suspected as much. I will answer all of your questions to the best of my capabilities, but not now. We need to get out of town with Fira and then we both need to rest. There is no rush, we literally have all the time in the world." Gexka picks up Fira and stands to his feet. "Fine, I just have to make a quick stop."

We walk out of the weapons shop a while later onto the streets now reddened by the setting sun. Gexka is twirling a new pair of daggers in his hands. "Just look at these babies! Their a couple inches longer than my old one but I don't think I've ever seen finer craftsmanship. These won't be shattering to anything anytime soon!" The daggers aren't particularly flashy but they are very sharp and do seem to be unusually well made. The coat speaks up in a condescending tone. "You do know that you just robbed that man of his, and maybe the whole town's, most valuable items. You might not be able to tell, but those blades are made of the highest grade of orichalcum that I've ever seen." Gexka stretches his hands behind his head as he walks over to Fira who is placed leaning against a tree. He picks her up and begins walking down the hill toward the town gate. "Well I just rescued the whole town from a brutal tyrant who would have eventually taken them anyway. Seems like a fair trade to me. Anyway, is there anywhere particular we need to be or is just away from the town good?" The coat sighs. "Anywhere is fine as long as we have the book. You do still have it, correct?" Gexka nods then wonder if the coat knows he nodded. "Yeah, I've still got it." He breaks into a trot. "I know of a sheltered clearing in the forest about a mile from here. We should be able to get there before it gets dark."

Gexka gently lays Fira down on the grass. He walks to edge of the clearing and sits against a tree. He is abruptly hit by a wave of exhaustion. As he struggles to stay awake the coat slips through him. He keeps a sleeve just inside the boy's shoulder so they can still communicate. "Don't worry. I don't need to rest in the same way you do. I will keep watch and make sure Fira stays asleep. You deserve some rest." Gexka nods but fights sleep a little longer. "One thing; tell me who you are." The empty hood stares at Gexka. "I believed you had already figured it out with how trusting you are towards me." Gexka's eyelids droop. "I think I have but I just wanted some confirmation. I don't know how you're here, but your my somebody right? Your Kage. That's really the only explanation to why you would bring me here and why you have the memories that I don't." Gexka's head droops down, but just before he passes out he hears what the coat says. "You are correct."
    GexkaXXV

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:56 pm by GexkaXXV

I sit up abruptly and look around.The sun is already over the treetops. Fira is in the spot I left her and Coat is floating in the middle of the clearing. "You forced me to sleep last night, didn't you." Coat turns toward me and I'm surprised to see a face occupying the hood. This must be the illusion thing he was talking about. The face is male with scruffy brown hair and green eyes. He looks to be a few years older than me. In fact I think it might actually be an older version of me. "You were exhausted and wouldn't have otherwise permitted yourself to rest." I get up off the ground and stretch. "Well don't do it again; it's creepy. Now then let's get down to questions and answers so that we can get back to the dark city and I can get a huge breakfast.
    First question, how the hell are you here? Aren't we the same person?"
    "No. You are the remnants of me, minus a heart. Though I believe you are beginning to develop your own. When I went mad from my many years of isolation darkness consumed my heart. Two beings were created; you, a nobody, and your heartless counterpart." I interrupt here. "Where is my heartless by the way?"
    "Probably still trapped in another dimension. You got lucky; ether one of you could have been thrown out. Now back to my explanation. A nobody and a heartless together are the components from a somebody. But where is the somebody when he is split between a heartless and a nobody? Their dead; they pass on to the next world. I was dead, however I didn't pass on. I was still too invested in this world, not ready to move on. I made a deal with Death; I can settle everything that originally kept me bound to this world and I can  even do it with Death's blessing, but I forfeit my right to move on and am obliged to serve Death. I am eternally tied to this world as a servant of Death. More simply put, I am a ghost."
    I nod a bit shocked but not very. I've seen some weird stuff in the dark city. But his explanation does answer most of my questions. "That actually sounds pretty awesome but let's move on to the next questions, I want to get this back story wrapped up. Why did you wait till now? And why didn't you just tell me who you were and ask for my help? And going off that, why did you even need my help if you already had a connection to this place and time?" Coat holds up his hands to slow me down. "Death's blessing is pretty powerful, but its real strength lies in living beings. It took a long time to gather enough power to break out of a dimension that didn't anything living in it. And  I didn't ask for your help because I wasn't me. Death gives you his blessing for one of two reasons; he's either making a deal with you or you serve him and he has a job for you. When you have the blessing the only thing that matters is doing what the blessing was given to you to do as fast as you can. I didn't ask for help because it was faster to just take you. I only asked for helped when I found myself in situations where my job would go faster. But I've completed what I've set out to do so I'm in control again, at least until Death has a job for me. And I believe you asked why did I need you if I already had a connection? I don't have a physical connection. You have my, I guess our, body. I don't actually exist in this plain of reality, I'm just possessing this coat. Anything else?"
    A childish question pops out before I can catch it. "Why a coat?" Coat looks down at himself. "It's what everyone else was wearing. Plus it conceals most of my form so I only need to cast illusions for my face, hands, and legs."
    "Okay, I've got one final question. What's with this book?" I reach to pull out the book only to find that it's gone. I look up to see Coat pull it out from his pocket. It's still in it's transformed state. "I suppose you mean this book. It's not really stealing since I took it from myself but I'm afraid I can't let you have it. You see this isn't just any spell book, this the world's most powerful. This book contains every spell, ritual, potion, and magic that has ever been written or drawn. EVERY SINGLE THING! Some spells are so powerful that they can't exist at two places at the same time; this book contains all of those. If someone found one of those spells of a destructive nature, they could destroy planets. That's why I can't give it to you. Of course nothing is that straight forward. Unfortunately, or maybe unfortunately, those spells are not easy to find. Like I said everything is in this book. As long as it has some type of magical effect, no matter how small or insignificant, it is in this book. While it doesn't look like it, this book contains libraries worth of knowledge, most of it completely useless. Magicians have devoted their entire lives just to leave a single bookmark marking a powerful spell. The book is completely indestructible and cannot be directly modified through any means. The only person who can actually open it is the owner of its key, which itself is powerfully magical. This is the first time ever that two entities can both open the book. And that in a nutshell is The Complete Tome of Written Magic. Now while you digest that I'll be looking through it to find a way back to the dark city." The book floats out of Coat's hand and floats open in front of him. The pages and Coat's eyes begin moving at an alarming rate. I lie back down and gaze up at the clouds. I am really impressed at the power of the book but am actually quite glad that I don't have to deal with it. What would I do with that kind of power? I don't want to know. It frightens me.

After two hours Coat finally calls out to me. "I've found a spell that will get us back to the dark city." I walk over to him and he chants a complex page of lines from the book. A swirling green portal gradually forms in the air. It's like the one from before except this time it's vertical. I turn to get Fira but Coat lays a hand on my shoulder. "The portal is one at a time, I'll send in Fira after you, then I'll come and seal the portal. But before you go, a few words of warning. Traveling through time is a risky and dangerous thing. Even traveling dimensions can be harmful. You got your abilities just from popping between worlds. You probably won't die but you will most likely develop new abilities." I look a the portal doubtfully. "Thanks for the encouragement." Coat looks at me seriously. "Another thing, as a nobody you don't age, but traveling through time twice is going to mess with that. I image you'll start aging, not very fast of course, but I'd say at about a rate of one year for every seven years that pass." That knocks the sarcasm out of me. I don't know weather to be happy or scared. No one wants to face death but I've been wanting to grow out of this boy body. "Last thing. This portal will definitely get you to the dark city but I don't know exactly when. Don't worry, you'll arrive after you left within a two year time period. Fira will arrive after you and me after her. I don't know what Fira will think when she wakes up, please look after her."
    "You can count on me. See you on the other side." Taking a running start, I leap into the portal.

{Ooc: this back story takes place about a year into the time skip. Gexka arrives safely back in the city a month after he left. The Coat and Fira have still not yet shown up after the time skip but there is still a year left.}

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:15 pm